Saturday, December 4, 2010

Food. I miss it.

So I am trying out the program Isagenix. It is a progam that helps you become more healthy and helps you lose weight by removing the toxins stored in fat cells. Most days of the week you replace two meals a day with a chocolate shake (ignore the 'chocolate' part - it tastes like dirt), eat one sensible meal, and take supplements that both cleanse you and give you energy. Also there is a super cleanse that you must do for two days in a row - drinking only a liquid that tastes like a skunk ran over with a lawnmower. Today is my first day of the cleanse, and it is SOOO HARD!!! I have done weight watchers, P90X, and am an expert at counting calories and calculating the nutrient content in each thing I eat, but this two day liquid fast is very difficult. I haven't been hungry all day because the program is very scientifically safe, but golly geez am I craving anything SOLID!!! Though I am struggling, it has been forcing me to really examine my relationship with food. I have found that the times today that I have been bored, I have found the urge to go to the fridge or cupboard to find something. It really surprised me!!! Also, I have been reading the book, "Women, Food, and God". Its been like a journal/bible to me getting through the new-found issues I have with food - and there are plenty!!! So, wish me luck as I continue on this tasteless journey on which I have embarked. I'll keep you posted!!!

1 comment: