So both myself and Andrew have found a new problem. It started when I found Andrew hiding in a Wal-mart clothing rack. When I found him, his eyes were dialated and he was shaking. Beads of perspiration clung to his forehead. I quickly got him home where it was dark, quiet, and familiar. The second stage progressed when I froze in the library. My heart started pounding with anxiety and I felt like the walls were closing in. It was lying in bed that night that I awoke with an epiphany: we are afraid of social interaction. Commonly known as "Socioabnormalcymaritapersonaphobia", or thats what my therapist told me...
Being married creates a whole new life. It creates bonds so strong that your best friend is your spouse. Sometimes it is easy to forget that the outside world exists. Okay despite my exaggerated introduction, it really is scary!!! Getting to know new people and friends for example, in our married ward, makes me want to hide in a closet. Is there anyone that has advice for getting over this newly-married social scare???
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are hilarious! Nope, no advice here. We did the same thing...still kinda do. Congrats on getting into school. And good luck in your married ward. We never went to a married ward...always been to a family ward. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteI have great advice for you, just be best friends/neighbors with us!! Last night game night was the best, thanks again :) so i have solved your problem! we will sit by each other at church and hang out lots and eat lots of candy and play lots of games, etc. deal?!
ReplyDeleteLiss,
ReplyDeleteI finally found your new blog!...and had a great time reading your creative posts! Believe it or not, I know how ya feel with the married friends things...Here's my only advice: Don't worry about it! Just enjoy your time together. Unless you are really needing interaction with other couples, than just wait till you really want friends. Jeff and I were married a couple years before we really cared much about doing stuff with other people. Another idea is just to invite a couple of the couples in your ward over for dinner and games. Assign them each to bring something and then just have fun together. Love and miss you guys!
ps.we are thinking about coming up for the Manti Pagent...are you guys going?
Hey guys its Tawn, I do have some advice for you. If you spend less time "doin it" you will have more time to meet new people. Is it worth it??????? I dont think so.
ReplyDeleteLove ya